Women in Film and Media Colorado has created the first ever Content Creator Award in our state.
It recognizes Colorado Film Festival programming that forges the future of media by telling the stories of those who are less seen on screen, and providing work experience to those who generally lack these opportunities.
The criteria to win the WIFMCO Content Creator Award:
- The production is written and/or directed by a woman or someone who identifies as a woman.
- The story is female-driven.
- The project’s crew demonstrates at least 50% diversity (women, people of color, LGBTQIA+).It is our honor to shine a spotlight on a Content Creator who has provided opportunities and a platform for those who are so often overlooked.
If your festival would like to include the WIFMCO Content Creator Award, email us at [email protected].
We’ll send you the criteria to distribute to your filmmakers.
They’ll self-select if they know they meet the criteria.
You’ll send us links to the media (nonfiction and fiction of any length qualify).
Our Board will judge.
We’ll join you for the Awards Night of your festival to give out the prize personally.
In exchange, we ask two things:
- Proudly advertise that you are supporting diversity in your content creators in partnership with WIFMCO.
- Connect us to the mediamaker for an interview we’ll post on our media.
- And if you were to consider including WIFMCO as part of a panel, we’d be delighted.Congratulations on supporting voices who deserve a platform and recognition.